Friday, March 19, 2010

Driving And Remembering Song: Caroline By Concrete Blonde




For those of you who have been reading my blog now know that majority of my entries are all about the past and how I use the songs of 24K to reflect that. Although once in a while, I would write about how I feel about something or what's in season, majority of it concerns memories from the past. I can't help being sentimental, especially now that I feel that I'm at the crossroads. One song that really brings all the memories out of me is "Caroline" by Concrete Blonde.

Every time I drive at night and hear this song play, memories of the past seem to flood my brain. Good thing the speed and the wind help clear the cob webs that those memories start to spin. Although you keep your hands on the wheel and eyes on the road, when the memories start to awaken, you start seeing them unfold in front of you like some movie that you can't keep your eyes off. Only the roar of the engine and the wind in your face keeps you on course and alert as you speed on by.

If there was a song that would make me hop on to a car and drive away, this would be it. The only thing I hate about all those memories is the fact that it awakens some of the pain that I felt from the past and when that happens, it's time to shut it off. Because of this I find it ironic that when you drive to forget, the stronger they comeback to you. It just goes to show that you can't run away from the past. That's because it's always inside you.

No comments: