Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Whole Lot Of Adrenalin: Rock N Roll By Led Zeppelin




I remember during the late 70's when from out of the blue, my brothers suddenly started to pump up the volume in terms of music. Suddenly, the whole house was alive with a lot of really heavy rock songs with the volume really turned on at the highest level. Whether it was local or international, the house would come alive with loud songs coming from his room. One such band that he listened to was regarded as the greatest heavy metal band of all time. That band is none other than Led Zeppelin and my all time favorite song from that band is "Rock N Roll".

I remember when my grandfather bought my brother a drum set. He use to play away all day and played a lot of songs from this band. Even though I was in Grade II, I really started to like this band and whenever I listened to it, it really fills me up with adrenalin and though we weren't into any vices at the time, once the song starts playing, our heads start banging. Goes to show how crazy life was back then. I guess this is what sets us apart from other people outside the family and why a chosen few become our friends.

Even with the disco craze spreading at the time, this song still played in the house. When jazz filled the air, we still squeezed in some of the old rock songs. Today, I am surprised that a lot of young people are listening to this group. That makes me glad because it shows much they appreciate great music. I guess this band's song will live forever. You can't keep good music down.

No comments: