Tuesday, August 4, 2009

If Anything It Help Get Me In The Mood For A Workout: Gambler By Madonna




I must repeat I have never been a fan of Madonna, though I admit her song "Cherish" was kinda cheerful. In contrast, a lot of my batchmates went crazy over her and some tried to imitate her tacky wardrobe. Still, she is one of the few artists in the 80's to still make records to date. That being said, she will always be apart of RT and 24K. One song that does "catches" my attention is the song "Gambler".

The song was part of the soundtrack from the movie "Vision Quest" which was released in 1985. I was a junior in high school and during that time it was the last year of the Marcos Dictatorship. Going back to this song, the only reason why it "caught" my attention was the music video. Back then, I was obsessed with getting in shape. I put a lot of hours weights and martialarts. When I saw the video and the song, if anything, it always helped get me in the mood for a workout as I would do anything to get solid back then.

Well, times have changed and my metabolism isn't what it used to be. Apart from that, my injuries are catching up with me and I couldn't handle the workout routine that I used to do back then. Still, I do find the time to exercise twice a week or better yet three times a week because I need to get fit now more than ever. So far I have never missed a workout and I hope I don't. I just wish I was as strong and fit as I was back then.

No comments: