Saturday, August 22, 2009

Live And Learn: You'll Live By Alanis Morrisette




Whenever I think about that team-building seminar that my department had last year, I remember one of things that I strive to live by that I opened during that period. That was trying to learn from my mistakes because the one thing that I don't want to is keep making the same mistakes over and over again. If I keep doing that, then I'll never grow as a person and it's the one thing I don't want to happen no that there's too much at stake. I've wasted a lot of time and a lot of opportunities to keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again. I want to learn from the past and move forward to put it behind me just like the song "You Learn" by Alanis Morrissette.

Getting over a mistake or a failed attempt can really get to a person. When that happens happens, it can either make or break you. I guess I still count myself lucky that I haven't thrown the towel yet given the number of failed attempts and mistakes that I've made through out the years. Still, it's time to take a stand if I truly want to move on cause time and opportunity will wait for no one. They say that a long journey starts with one step which I am going to make that step cause I dont want to be stuck here alone.

These days I try to listen and learn from people who know how to get things done. Other times, I try to read up certain topics that will help answer my questions. One thing for sure I've got move if I want to make things to happen. Even all the help in the world, nothing will transpire if you yourself won't face up to the task at hand. I still feel a little nervous, but I slap myself to get back to my senses and set my priorities straight. If, no, WHEN I make it happen, only then I can say that I finally learned something which what I want to achieve right now.

No comments: