Saturday, August 8, 2009

Partying Hard In The Year Of Transition: Tin Man By America



1982 was a very strange year for me. I guess this was because it was my last year in St. Cyr Academy and first time in my life I felt that there was this "transition phase" inside me that I haven't felt before. When I say "transition", it was feeling that the time has come to move on. It was also the time where I started partying hard with my brothers with the brews and the herbs. One of the bands that I frequently listened to during this period was America and one of my favorite songs from that group was calleed "Tin Man".

I remember I use to listen to this inside the music of our old house with the aircon on full blast and we all shared a lot of laughs back then. It was the time when we really started doing things together. For the first in my life, I was really partying with my brothers and we were all having a good time together. At the same time, there was this melancholic feeling that I had because the time came to move on. I felt closing a chapter of my life and starting a new one. The memory of that transition was bittersweet in a sense that I felt happy and sad at the same time.

Later on, I realize that life is like that when you explore new horizons and leave old hunting grounds behind. It's not like a bridge that once you cross, you can always go back. As I have said before, these days all of us are preoccupied with more important issues in everyday life. Partying is now done on certain occasions and with the way things are, we might be partying even less. Still those good times will always be with me. Thanks to 24K, they always come alive with each song like blast from the past.

No comments: