Saturday, August 1, 2009

Another Song That Should Be On 24K: Sons Of The Pioneers By April Wine



Everytime 99.5RT's 24K program fills the airwaves, I keep my ears glued to it from moment I wake up to the moment that I doze off. As I have said time and time again, it's because only at that time do I hear the songs that I grew up with and no station except RT has these great classic which are more valuable due to the fact that many were exclusively played there. Only 24K keeps these songs alive and when they get played, you just want to drop everything and just listen to the music all day long. Still there are some songs that should be included in RT's playlist. Another song that I want RT to add is "Sons Of The Pioneers" by April Wine.

This is another of those great songs that seemed to be lost as the decade ended. I remember seeing this on Channel 13's music video show and the first time I listened to it, I was hooked. It was the a had all the elements of an 80's rock song and in environment prone to new wave and pop, this was like breath of fresh air. Rock songs were a rare commodity back then and a good rock song was great find.

As I have said time and time again: Never take your favorite songs for granted. You'll never know when you're going to hear them again. As the years go by, you wouldn't notice that they don't play them anymore. One day on a rare occasion, you hear it on the radio, the effect just hits you like a portal opening to the past and you feel yourself overwhelmed by emotion. Just remember, keep those songs alive and share them with everyone else because they worth than gold.

No comments: