Friday, August 14, 2009

Always Keep A Promise: Promises, Promises By Naked Eyes



I use to remember when I was a kid, I was told that if I just play along, they promised something for me. Even when I kept my word, there times when that "promise" didn't come true and even though I was a kid, it really pissed me off. I guess the reason for that is because when someone promises something to you and doesn't fulfill it, feelings of betrayal, being used and being lied all boil up inside of you all at once. It really stinks when you're left wanting when a promise turns out empty. That's the feeling I get when I hear Naked Eyes'song "Promises, Promises".

I do things because I want to and as much as possible, I want to come through for people who count on me. I guess that's why I don't want to make a promise that I can't keep. I know how it feels when people promise you the universe and you're left with squat. That's people riot in the streets and society goes in flames. It's from empty promises from people we trusted and put our faith in which can really break one's heart.

When a person makes a promise to deliver, it's not just the goods that's on the line here but the person's reputation as well. A vow to fulfill an obligation can make or break you and your relationship with others. I guess that's when I make a promise, it's one I'm sure to accomplish. It's because I gave my word and if my word isn't good, then no one will trust me.

No comments: