Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Still Getting By: I'll Get By By Eddie Money



As I've said before, a lot of times, I'm lucky that I'm still after all the storms I've weathered through. A lot of dreams and hopes sure went down the drain. Everytime that happens, I world starts crumbling down like deck of cards in a windstorm. Thankfully though, I'm still and still soldiering on. As always, I try to cope with loss and do the best that I can. With that in mind, I remember Eddie Money's song "I'll Get By".

I know I was reserving this song for next February, but then again, for me it's not limited to broken romance. There are a lot of ways to break a person's heart apart from getting dump. When there are things that you wanted to or be just didn't happen can really bring you down. This is especially true when something you worked so hard to save didn't make it and there's a lot at stake. It's like time stopped and nothing else mattered as you become oblivious to everything else like some shell-shocked soldier not caring if he gets hit or blown away.

Right now, I just want to win at something as I try rebuild my life with what's left. I guess so far life hasn't so cruel because in the middle of it all there are still things and people who I care about that are still here. I'm still here which means there are still chances to do something worth while. I know there's something out there that will take the funks out of my life. Till then I'll get by.






Eddie Money - I'll Get By
Watch Music Videos at www.roxwel.com

No comments: