Friday, August 28, 2009

I Remember: Do You Remember By Phil Collins




Well tomorrow is the start of the weekend and that means it's 24K again! Once again for the next 48 hours, I turn on my MP3 player and listen to the hits which bring back the memories of the good times of the past. Listening to this program is almost like a ritual for me and I do all that I can to keep my ears glued to the program as the songs fill the airwaves. Apart from the music, the memories both good and bad memories flash through my mind like slide show that I never tire of watching. Hearing the song "Do You Remember" by Phil Collins show puts me in that mode.

It gets better when there all the chores are done and I'm at my room and the MP3 player is on full blast as the memories become clearer and the feelings I had from each experiences come alive as I look back at the past. As I look back, I sometimes wonder how everyone else is doing since it's been a while since we heard from each other. That question plus all those memories really gets to me when my favorite songs start play as I feel the urge to go back to past. 24K always does that yet I keep coming back for more every weekend.

Well, everything is set for the weekend. I've loaded my cellphone to text my request to the DJ. I have charged my MP3 player to ensure I get to listen to the program even when I'm on the move. I just hope the DJs brought out all the rarest of the rare and the best of the best of the past. No radio program has a more extensive collection than 24k and it is the only one that plays these rare gems. They are truly worth their weight in gold.

No comments: