Monday, February 16, 2009

Power Ballad: Open Arms By Journey



Even though Valentine's Day ended last Saturday, love is still in the air as February enters its second half. I'm not surprised if there were a lot of things that happened this weekend involving people's hearts. Some were joined while others parted ways and some reunited. One thing's for sure, once you've been struck by Cupid's arrow, it's withdrawal syndrome is worth than any drug. If the feeling is really that strong, there's nothing or no one else who'll fill except that person who caotured your heart. When I hear Journey's song "Open Arms", it reminds of that longing for that significant other.

This song first came out around 27 years ago and it still packs a punch to the heart. I'm not surprised if a single guy heard this song, he'd feeling pretty lonely if he's in a bar gulping down his third drink for the night. This is one of those few songs that never fails to melt your hard exterior no matter how old it is. When that feeling of longing gets to you, you really have to find a way to satisfy it. Boy, I thought I'd never get through this paragraph because wriring about this song is tough on the system.

I was never one to express myself well and a lot of people sometimes see as sullen, this song always stops me in my tracks just like a lot of 24K songs. I hate to admit it, but this song gets to me whenever the day has ended and I still have a few hours left before I turn in. I think about a lot of things that never came to be with people who left a void in me when we parted ways. If things turned out differently, I would probably played this song as a way closing the deal with the credits running. If I were ask if things were different or I'd get a second chance to be with that someone, sure I would and I would welcome her with open arms just like the song.

No comments: