Monday, February 23, 2009

That Kind Of Love I Don't Need: Tainted Love By Soft Cell



Just because love is in the air, that doesn't mean it's always good. Love also has a bad side to it as well. You can tell when thing aren't so good when you always find yourself on the bad end of the relationship. Whenever something happens, you look like the fool in front of everybody while your so-called partner simply scurries off the background. When that happens, it's time to put your foot down and end this nonsense. That's what I feel when I hear the song "Tainted Love" by softcell.

These days when you look at relationships, very seldom do you see both sides benefitting from the union. For me, love becomes tainted when you feel that your mate either fools around behind your back or makes a martyr out of you just to get what they want. For me, trust and mutualism are very important if I'm going into a relationship because it's not fair for one person to always carry the burden or to just give in. What one person does for you, do the same for them and always be honest with them because they love you. When someone betrays me, they'll be lucky if I just walk away from it, because I'm a very open person and willing to accept criticisms for my mistakes but that doesn't mean they have the right to treat me that way and if they do, then their cowards who are not worth my time.

Trust is important to me and I want BOTH of us to be happy and for to happen we have to learn both be considerate and honest with each other. Although I'm not in a relationship, I do believe that if only one person is happy, that's not fair. Lately, I've learned that it is important to speak your mind which is vital to identify the problems that are arising from an unfair relationship. It's not worth staying in a relationship where you always get hurt and if they don't change, hit the road jerks!! That kind of love I don't need and never will.

No comments: