Monday, February 9, 2009

Spare A Little Love: Your Love By The Outfield




Whether we admit it or not, there are times when we need some shelter from the storm. Even when we try to toughen it out, it's only a matter of time before we break down. It's in times like that when a little sympathy or better yet a little love can take the hurt out of a person. Even if it is temporary relief, a moment of love is better than none. That's what I think when I hear the song "Your Love" by The Outfield.

A lot of times, I felt the fury of the storm and I felt alone and unarmed. In each time, I was left so shaken, I had difficulty standing and the embarrassment of the experience made me want to hide. I guess I feel fortunate that despite all that pain, there were people who lifted me up when I was left for dead. Sure it was only temporary but it was enough for me to heal and get myself back into the grind. Whenever that happens, it makes me realize how strong a force love can be even if given in small amounts.

Even though some people see the song in more intimate terms, it's still nice to know that there's some place or someone we can run to even for a moment. People like these make us feel that we are worth something when we've been given up on. I guess that's the reason why I like this song and this band the first time I heard them. It's always been and always be one of my 24K favorites. It's nice to know we're loved.

No comments: