Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Before You Say I Do: Love Rears Its Ugly Head By Living Color


I remember when I was younger, I read an article in Reader's Digest regarding how men feel or think about love. While some praised love as great feeling that makes one complete, others scorn it because a lot of times, they have felt vulnarable and weak. For these guys, love wasn't so kind to them since many of them have are still reeling from the hurt caused by love. Sad to say, there are times when love can be just as cruel as sorrow or rage. That's the idea I get when I hear the song "Love Rears It's Ugly Head' by Living Color.

This song goes out to those who were victims of love. As I have blogged yesterday, you know you're on the losing end of love when things are out of your control and everything becomes so distant. The next thing you know you're in a cage of your own making and the final touch is when you say the words "I Do". I can relate to that part about waking up all sweaty from those two words. If that was real, you've just locked yourself up and thrown away the key.

Maybe I'm saying this because at the moment, I'm not ready for a relationship and I haven't found the right one yet. These days, the right one may not even be the one no matter how right that person seems to be. Right now, I like being in control even if my life is a mess at the moment. So long as I have my friends and family's love with me, that will be enough. Until then, love of that kind will have to wait because one mistake and it'll rear it's ugly head and it will be ugly.



by

No comments: