Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Beyond The Romance: Higher Love By Steve Winwood



Well, everytime I open the T.V. or listen to the radio, there'll be a commercial or comment regarding Valentine's Day which is natural since it's now February. Right now both young and old are focusing on what they are planning to do on that day of hearts. I find it hard to comment about this topic, let alone this occassion since I've been living like a loner for the last 10 years. Yet, I feel there's different type of love out there that goes beyond chocolates and flowers and something that's strong enough to stand the test of time. I get reminded of that idea when I hear the song "Higher Lovea" by Steve Winwood.

This was one of my favorite song's in the late 80's and I like what song's message speaks off. I believe in a love that accepts both the good and bad in a person because if you want to change someone, you have to accept them for who they are first. I also believe in love that has commitment where the person is always there in good times and bad times. Whether it's friends, family or your partner, if this is the way they stand by you, then you know that real love that you got. Love like that just can't be found anywhere and it's rare find that you shouldn't take for granted.

That's the type of love that I want to have and one I'm willing to reciprocate. Something like worth more than any treasure in the world. It really makes you feel that your at home with your own people. That's the reason why I don't watch all that crap on T.V. because it's cheesy and superficial and most of all fake that gets people pissed in real life. Nothing beats higher love especially when it gets passed from one person to another which is what love is all about.

No comments: