Saturday, February 28, 2009

Crazy Beatles Cover :Darling By The Beatles



I remember one time, my brothers and I went to Club Dredd on a Saturday night and the place was packed. Onstage was a bad with really drunk lead singer who long frizzy hair and was doing crazy moves as he sang. He really had the crowd going as he belted out the song with raw emotion. When we were watching him, we were both applauding and laughing at his crazy antics as he sang his song. That song was "Darling" by the Beatles.

There are several Beatles tunes that I like and some of them I have entered in my blog, but this one I had a new appreciation for thanks to that guy. Whenever it got played on 24K, I can't help bursting out in laughter at the way he gyrating on stage and all the girls screamed back then. you can also say that this song is a cry for desperation when someone wants to break it off. As I have blogged before, if it won't work don't force it. I wouldn't be surprised if anyone listening to this song after a breakup is in run down bar guzzling down a case of beer to drown his or her sorrows.

It always makes me feel good whenever I hear my favorite 24K songs on the weekend as it takes the years off me and I feel like a kid again. I just hope that the management would allow tunes that were played during the 70's and even the 60's to be played on this program again. All of them are gems to me because they remind of the good times and good people I spent those times with. As for those who listen to this song on the verge of a break-up, lots of luck with getting it together.

No comments: