Saturday, February 21, 2009

Not At The Moment: Somebody To Love By Jefferson Airplane



I remember when I was riding with my brother a few years back and we were talking about marriage since he was going to take the big plunge the following year. I remember how we use to talk about it and how he said it was part of the plan that he had for the future. The funny part about was when we were watching the movie The Cable Guy and Jim Carey's character started singing that Jefferson Airplane song "Sombody To Love" and we broke out laughing. It just occured to me lately, that a lot of people keep asking that question and when they do, I think about this song.

Once in a while I get bugged by the question if I have any plans of getting hitched. Sometimes I can understand their curiousity cause I'm getting older and white hairs are starting to sprout on my head and my beard. Old school people keep insisting that you're not complete if you don't do the M word, but right now, that's not on my list of priorities. It takes a lot of responsibity and even if you don't have a plan, you should atleast have some kind of security to see you through cause the first few years are going to be rough. More importantly, how well you love sombody is reflected by how you're going to go through the bad times because there's going to be more bad times than good and it's only when things fall apart where you see who stays and who runs.

I really don't have plans for that now and all I want is some peace and quiet. If you don't have that, you better not think of getting married because any emotional baggage that you have will increase a thousand fold. There are also a lot of things that I have to straighten out which I should have done a long time ago. Maybe when things get a little organized and I finally straighten things around me will I start to think about and while you're alive, anything is possible. So the next time somebody ask me if I have somebody to love, the answer is not at the moment.

No comments: