Friday, February 27, 2009

When It Really Hurts: Heartbreaker By Grand Funk Railroad



There were a lot of times when I think about the what could'ves in my life that never came to be. Especially when it comes to the times when I got dumped alot. Whenever that happens, at best I feel like a deflated balloon and at worse, like I was punched with recoiless rifle at pointblank range. Inshort, my heart just fell to peaces on the floor. That's the idea with I get when I hear the song "Heartbreaker" by Gran Funk Railroad.

For anyone who saw their world come apart, this is the song that they should listen. No other song express the agony and grief one fells during a heartbreak. I wouldn't be surprised if someone out there was listening to this song in a smelly bar with case of beer of a couple of large bottles of whiskey at high volume adding to the need to drink to the death. If the dumpee is a health buff, I'm not surprise if he's either bench-pressing twice his body weight or punched a hole through the punching bag out of rage. Either way, when it really hurts, you need to let it out.

Sometimes you try to put on a brave face and try to gracious about your loss. Eventually though, it will come to a point where your pent-up grief and boils over and you don't even care if you go crazy but you don't want to pretend anymore and want to just get it out of your system. As crazy as it is, it's still part of the healing process. Once it out of your system, then you can really get yourself together and go on with your life. Sure heartaches are bad, but it's still part of life and what is important is that we learn from it in the end.

No comments: