Friday, February 27, 2009

Forrest Gump Syndrome: Let Her Cry By Hootie And The Blowfish



One of my favorite movies during the 1990's was Forrest Gump which won Best Pictures at the Oscars. It was one of the best "feel good" movies that I've seen and also one of the most inspiring because for all those things to happen to a one person is nothing short of a miracle. The only thing that I didn't like was the way Jenny kept treating him by always leaving him even when he was always good to her. Although they finally married, she died due to a virus which we all know today as A.I.D.S. I have to hand it to Forrest for his undying devotion and love for someone keeps running away and always gets intoxicated which is something that I don't think I can handle. When I see that movie and the awkward relationship that they have, I remember the song, "Let Her Cry" by Hootie And The Blowfish.

This song goes out to all those who love someone with either a "habit" or problem. You must really love a person this problematic if you willing to go through this kind of relationship where you have to put up with a very volatile partner cause if they're not making a scene, they're probably passed out and made a heck of a mess. Sometimes though it will get to you when things go too one-sided and you call on all your inner strength to keep on going. It's hard but if it they're worth it, you would go through and endure everything in this one-sided affair.

You can say this is another reason why I don't go into relationships, let alone get married. These days, things get too one-sided and only one person does all the effort. Relationships for me are a team thing and although we should support our partners, they should be aware when we are the ones hurting. We have feelings too and we need some time to sort things out just the way they do when they get intoxicated and what not. Despite, we all need some time out for ourselves and when see people we care about get into a dark and sorrowful mood, let's give them time to get it together when they cry, let them cry.


Let Her Cry - Hootie And The Blowfish

No comments: