Monday, February 9, 2009

Cheaters' Song III: I Saw Red By Warrant



Ever since the millenium rolled by, there's been a slew of reality shows such as Survivor, The Amazing Race, Temptation Island, Fear Factor and so on. If I were to choose which reality show I'd watch, it would probably be S.W.A.T., COPS and Cheaters. Since it's still Valentine's fever, I'm going to blog again about Cheaters. The reason why I like this show because as I have previously blogged twice, it shows cheating on spouses for what it really is: lowdown and dirty. Even if the client is also to blame, that's no excuse for doing such a hurtful thing and a lot of times, movies often justify it and even glorify it. Another song that reminds me of that reality show is "I Saw Red" by Warrant.

It's obvious that this is the first thing a jilted spouse sees when he or she catches them in the act. Even the most reasonable and level-headed person can turn into a raving maniac when he's been doublcrossed, let alone, cheated on. I really sympathize with the clients whenever I see them outraged when they confront their spouses and demand to know why they did it. Try as they might to reason, let alone justify their acts, the bottom line is what they did was wrong and it sickens me when they say sorry when they get caught after doing for so long. I guess it's true when they say that you only regret it in the end.

I guess that's the reason why I applauded when Richard Gere finally voiced out his frustrations to his wife in the movie "Unfaithful" and when Joel Torre shot his wife and her paramour in "Init Sa Magdamag". I'm not trying to be some self-righteous lout, but it galls me when people do that because rather than find a solution they create more problems. The worst part is when they hurt people who's only fault is that they were too busy or too trusting. They deserve to get caught on national t.v. and they have the audacity to blame the show when it's only trying to help a person find out the truth. Bottom line is nobody deserves that and two wrongs never make a right. and people should remember that.

No comments: