Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Spread The Love: Sowing The Seeds Of Love By Tears For Fears




One thing I can about this month of hearts is that people are not so stoic or cruel than they usually are. People are more approachable and easy-going which is one sign that love is in the air. The best part about is when that feeling gets past from one person to another. When that happens we really spread love all over the place which is pretty cool in my book. I guess that's the reason why Christmas and Valentine's Day are the two most favorite days that people celebrate. When it comes to passing love from one person to another, Tears For Fears' song "Sowing The Seeds Of Love" really describes how it spreads.

I was never a fan of this band, but I have to admit I kinda like this song when first came out. One of the things that struck me about this video was the fact that it signaled the changing of the times from the 80's to 90's and though the band still sounded the same, change of the times was more evident in the song and in the video. For some reason, this song makes me feel good since it talks about planting love and how it spreads everywhere which is always a good thing. With a lot of hard times where people are struggling, we really need to spread the love around.

I try not to be too negative during this month although it's been difficult with all the things I've been dealing with. Things have been tough, making people very cold and difficult to deal with. Despite all that, I still believe love can move mountains. I guess I need to hang in there and have a little faith and more importantly love. Hopefully when the seeds bloom, it'll spread all over the place and when that happens, then I guess the love is alive and working its magic around us.

No comments: