Monday, February 2, 2009

Love Song For The Beach/Cool Chill Song To Beat The Heat: Sea Of Love By The Honeydrippers



I’ll be honest to say that I’m not an expert in L-O-V-E, but there times in my life where I felt and recognize this feeling. Music can sure set the mood for this emotion, especially if the scenery is just right. Just like a lot of people, I have my own ideas on what an ideal scenario should be like but I’ll keep that to myself. One thing’s for sure, the right music at right time and place can light things up. One such song and music video that does that is The Honeydrippers’ cover of the song “Sea Of Love”.

I’ll have to admit the first time I heard the song and saw the video I was shocked that it was Led Zeppelin’s front man Robert Plant singing this song. I mean I remember him behind all those great rock songs in the 70’s and never expect him to sing a romantic ballad like this. Still, I have admit, if you want to hit it off with somebody, this song works wonders, especially in the beach. The video also fits the song which was set in some tranquil beach away from all the noise and crowds. The best part of the video was the silhouette of a man on horseback crossing the sea with a child riding behind his back as the sun sets.

As much as romance isn’t on my list of priorities right now, songs like this can be good to chill out when you feel tired at the end of the day. I also admit that this is another good song to ask a lady for a dance because when you do, time stands still. And as much as I’m not a beach person, if I were to go a beach, I would choose something similar to the video of this song. At first, I didn’t care much for this song because I thought it was too mushy, but as time passed I came to like this song because as I’ve said earlier, it helps me to relax. I guess I’m getting old and like others who get older, songs like these is like chicken soup for the soul.


THE HONEYDRIPPERS - SEA OF LOVE - MyVideo

No comments: