Thursday, February 5, 2009

Is It Real Or Not: How Do I Know When It’s Love By Van Halen



I have to admit I wrote a really wrote a mushy entry yesterday cause it’s during this month that I can get away with it. I don’t regret doing because that’s what I honestly felt about that chapter of my life and that person. Be that as it may, sometimes you take some time off and sort out what you feel about someone. When things get too deep, you have to ask yourself if this is really love or just a moment of infatuation. That’s the lesson that I learned when I hear the song “How Do I Know When It’s Love” by Van Halen.

What I like about this song is that it makes you think what your feelings are towards a person which in my opinions is the reason why brains also count in true love just as much as heart does. If love is the only thing that matters, we’d be ruled by our hormones and do reckless things in the process. Common sense comes into play and you wise when things aren’t working out. People who don’t think and jump into a situation are often the ones who wind heartbroken in the end. I’m not an expert but I do know that when a relationship goes through the good times and the bad times and still stays strong, then I know when it’s love.

There’s nothing wrong with assessing one’s feelings towards another because it’s saves people a lot of grief. You can say I’m being realistic, but it’s better than lying to yourself or forcing something that’s not meant to be. I definitely agree with one stanza of the song when it’s love, it’ll last forever. Even Forrest Gump knows what love is even if he isn’t a smart man. He may not be a smart man, but that makes him a better man and anyone else who knows what love is.

No comments: