Tuesday, January 20, 2009

When Tempers Are Still High: You May Be Right By Billy Joel



Right now we're still smarting from last weekends shoutfest and tempers are still high. Everytime I remember what happened, it reminds of a nuclear explosion where victims are still reeling from the after-effects. The worst part about this is it always starts from nothing and erupts into a full scale shouting match. In the end, both side insist they are right and the other guy is wrong. It reminds me of the song "You May Be Right" by Billy Joel.

Although this isn't the first time this happened, you never get used to it. It's bad enough that the family has a lot of problems and now I have to deal with this really sucks. I have to admit I had my moments of friction with other members in this family, but things never got this nasty. The only consolation that I get is that I get to go to bed early. Be that as it, may things are still going to get tense for a while.

Another difficult thing about this situation is that nobody will step up and apologize. As I've said earlier, each insist that they are right which means this will take a while. I guess I just have to wait till this blows over and it will eventually. The question is if each will learn from this feud. If not, I wouldn't be surprise to hear another one in the future which is just a matter of time, short tempers and reckless actions.

No comments: