Friday, January 2, 2009

Sticking To Your Resolutions: Finish What You Started By Van Halen



I wouldn't surprised if before all the horn-blowing and fire crackers exploding, people were already listing their resolutions for the new year. I for one, don't practice that anymore because I don't want to start something I can't finish or fulfill. I'm not a perfect person but I do believe that when you start something, you finish it with your own hands. You may get some help here and there, but majority of the job must come from you. That what the song "Finish What You Started" by Van Halen teaches me.

I'm not saying I'm the best, but lately, I take pride in the things that I do and more importantly, the vows and principles I keep. There are times when life gives you a bum trip and as much as you don't want to do it, it has to be done, especially if it has your name written all over it. I get that a lot of times yet I feel that I can't run away from it because it's my job and as much as it sucks, I intend to accomplish, even if it kills me. The good things about it is that I get to learn something new even when I don't like the job. I was also able to prove that I can do it no matter how difficult it was.

Well, in a matter of days, it's back to work so right now, I'm trying to get as much relaxation as I can so that I'm charged up for the days ahead. I'm also trying to psych myself out of the holiday hangover and get myself back to work mode. I just hope I get a bum deal this year because I had a lot of those last year. I don't know what this year will bring, but one thing I do know, I'll always finish what I started or atleast until someone tells me that you don't have to.

No comments: