Sunday, January 4, 2009

Blasting Through For The First Day Of Work: Thunderstruck By AC/DC



Well the holidays are officially over but unfortunately, my batteries are still low and as I write this entry, I hope I be able to charge up for the week's assignments. Since Friday, I've been trying to put myself back to work mode but there's still little effect. Right now I'm mentally psyching myself up because I want to catch up on a few things and make sure that I do it right. Hopefully I get the drive running by the time I wake up at 5:00am. Just a shot of inspiration is what I need to get the juice flowing and whenever I hear the song "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC, it just what I need to get out of the holiday funk.

When it comes to getting your game mode on, any song from this band does the trick and this is one of my favorites. It revs me up when I get into a slump which is exactly what I need at the moment. I remember what General Patton said about things getting a little scary at first but when you make the first move, everything else is now easy. First thing I'll when I get to work is to start what I have been researching and find out what's new so that I can get things rolling. Just make sure the job is finished and that everything is accurate to ensure a success.

I'm still a little drowsy and I have to admit I wish I had one more day of rest but enough is enough. All I need is just that jolt of adrenalin to get me moving for the day. Write now I'm thinking of finishing that assignment that I started as well as gather whatever good developments that I can for some stories and photos. Well right now the day has ended and the night has come so I have to rest up for the week ahead. Whatever happens tomorrow, I'll just go full blast and do all that has to be done to start the year right.

No comments: