Saturday, January 3, 2009

Staying Focus On Your Goal/ What Drives A Person: Change By John Waite



One of the things that I envy about the young is the energy that they have and when they channel that energy into a goal which they stay focus on, it's incredible what they can achieve. Whether it's money, ambition, or win a certain title, when a person is driven towards a goal, you can bet that he'll stick with to the end. As for the people around that person, they should give all their support and counsel so that he will reach his goals. They should do all that they can for him because that flame that inspired him will carry him through his entire life. This is what I believe in when I hear the song "Change" by John Waite.

I have to admit this song and music video were some of the reasons why I still stick to working out. I actually drank less and ate less this holiday and didn't miss a work out. No matter what we wish for, if we don't have that drive and focus, nothing is going to happen and lately, I'm learning that the hard way. I'm begining to remember the old lesson that I once learned from this song: You've got to give all that you got if you reall want to get. With the start of 2009, I do so hope that I get it right this time around.

I have to admit when I hear this song, I get the drive to lift a few weights and do other exercises to get the blood pumping. Hopefully, I get to more than just that this year. I really want something to change for the better and it's not just for me, but for all those who are dear to me. I know that I wasted a lot of time and lost a lot of opportunities and I do so hope that whatever it is I plan this year will come to fuitition. One thing I know will never change the love and devotion that I have for my parents, all my brothers and their families because they are all apart of me and will remain so till the end of my life.

No comments: