Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Kind Of Lullaby : Sweet Baby James By James Taylor



Man, what a way to start the year: One bad headache after another. Problems just keep on coming and just like parts from an assembly line at double speed. Even though I steeled myself up for work, the year is just not starting out right. At the end of the day, I find solace in listening to my collection of 24K songs. One song that helps put me at ease after a hellish day is "Sweet Baby James" by James Taylor which I prefer to valium when I find it hard to sleep when the day is just plain awful.

Whenever I hear this song, I begin to realize the effect that David had on King Saul when he played for him whenever he was of ill temper. Sometimes when things don't go as planned and chaos erupts, it really sapps the energy from your entire being and this song really sedates me what that happens. Next to a cold shower, this really cools me off after the day's heart attack. After hearing this song, I regain my calm and put myself at ease. I'd prefer this to any old sedative anytime of the year.

Well another day is at hand and I don't what it will it bring. Lately, it's been one bad thing after another. Whatever the day brings, I'll probably be drained physicall, mentally and emotionally, but then again, other people will be too. When that happens, I just listen to this song and others like it compose myself and think of things that could have been or could still be. In the meantime, I'll rock myself to sleep to the music of 24K. Now that's my kind of lullaby.

No comments: