Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Song For Reflecting On A Bad Day/Watching A Fight In Slow Motion: Beat Of The Heart By Scandal



There are good days and there are bad days and when it’s the bad days, things really hit you HARD!!! Once things start to unravel, there’s nothing you can do about except wait out the storm and listen to some good 24K songs. One of the reasons why I chose to take martial arts is to blow off some steam because unlike weights, you really get a chance to hit someone during a sparring match to take your anger out. One song that reconciles these two aspects is the song “Beat Of The Heart” by Scandal.

Whenever it’s time for a sparring session, I always play this song in my head as my master give a shout to start the match. I sort imagine myself , my opponent and everyone else in slow motion, as kicks and punches fly and even the shouts come out slowly. Whenever things don’t turn out the way they should, I remember the times when I would listen to this while smoking a cigar and with beer or some whisky to chase the bad mood out of my system. Whether I’m just drinking or sparring, this song helps me chill when bad times start to get to me.



It sure is tough that these days I can’t do any of the two things that help me relax and blow of some steam. Responsibilities at home as well as budget constraints have that on hold, forcing me to find some other ways to cope with stress. I’m glad I still get to exercise but sometimes it’s not enough because there’s a difference between building strength and use pit that strength against someone else. The best I can do at the moment is just stew in peace. I just hope one day I can get back on the saddle because nothing beats a good sparring session where you get to channel out your negative energy in a positive way.

No comments: