Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Still Standing After Taking All The Blows: The Boxer By Paul Simon And Art Garfunkel



Even though the new year has begun, I still feel the hurt of the past years. Ask anybody and they'll tell you they've had there share of hard times where things looked like they had no end. Man, everytime the thought enters my head, I had to breathe a deep, deep sigh to convince myself that it's over. When I think about all those troubled times, I'm just glad I'm still here and I weathered out the storm. When I listen to the song "The Boxer" by Paul Simon And Art Garfunkel, it reminds me of the tough times I went through and by some miracle, I'm still standing.

I can really relate to this song and I know I'm not alone. With tough times getting tougher every year, I wouldn't be surprise if everyone has this song playing at the back of their heads. Alot of miss opportunities and a lot failed attempts hang heavy on my head when the thinking starts to run in my head. At turn I tried my best to turn things around and wound up with my face on the floor. But each time, I was able to get up no matter how painful those blows were.

Well, the year has just started and I don't what it will bring this time around. I hope which I have always done every year that things will get better. I sometimes try to remember what I did or did not do which cause things to crumble so as not to repeat the same mistake again. Whatever the year brings, I'm going to start bracing myself for whatever happens. I just hope I get things right this time around cause it hurts to drop to the floor again.

No comments: