Monday, January 5, 2009

Remembering Good Times And The People I Spent Them With: Night Moves By Bob Seger




Well the holidays are over and miraculously, I was able to concentrate well enough to get some work done. Be that as it may, I still have a sense of nostalgia which is always brought about by the passing of a year. At times like this, I think back to the good old days when life wasn't so hard and there were always good times and good people to share them with. This feeling grows stronger as the day ends and the night begins. Thinking of all those times makes me want to listen to "Night Moves" by Bob Seger.

Man, I fell in love with this song the first time I heard it and it's still one of my all time favorites. It really takes me back to the times when you were young, there was always something to do and best of all it was set in the summertime where there was always something happening. Meeting girls who made a deep impression on me and sharing a brew and smokes with your friends and living life to the fullest. No matter what was going on, we never walked away empty handed. Even now I still think that all happened just yesterday and I can't believe how long it's been since those days have passed.

True those days are gone, but I'll always keep the feeling of those memories deep inside me. Most of the time, I listen to this song when the day ends and I let my mind drift back to those great times. Yes, sometimes when I wake up, I take few minutes to remember a bit before I start getting for work. Who knows, maybe one day I will be able to go back and meet these people again and let the good times roll. Until then the memories will do for me. I'll never forget them, especially when I'm restless during the long hours of the night.

No comments: