Saturday, January 10, 2009

May 24K Live Forever: My, My, Hey, Hey By Neil Young And Crazy Horse



As 2009 begins, I look back to the previous year had a lot more bad times than good times, many of which I will not mention in this entry. Everytime I think about it, the only thing I can do is shake my head because it's now water under the bridge and what's done is done. There was however, one good thing that happened that year and that was the ressurection of 99.5 RT and it's 24K program. At a time when today's music sucks, this was the best thing that ever happened last year. When it comes to good music's immortality, the best song to describe it 's Neil Young And Crazy Horse's song "Hey, Hey, My, My".

Man, at a time when I getting one bad news after another this was the best news that I ever received last year. Once again I had a reason to load up my cellphone and text my favorite songs from the past, many of whom can only be heard on 24K. I found a reason to buy an MP3player so that I can listen to it on the road where I need not worry about missing my request if something came up. Most of all it just goes to show how great 24K really is and how precious all those songs are. Just like the opening tune from this song, I can compare the return of RT to that of a phoenix rising from the ashes and using sound rather than light to fill the air with the best and rare music that it's loyal fans have always longed for every week.

Man, what makes it even more sweet is the fact that it's now on the weekend (Saturdays and Sundays), meaning that fans have two days to request and listen to their favorite classics. To me, this is heaven and free therapy all rolled in one. I say therapy because after a stressful weekend, there's like listening to good music to chase the blues away. I wish to express my deepest gratitude to all those who brought RT back to the airwaves where it belongs. Long live RT and may it never die!!!

No comments: