Wednesday, January 21, 2009

When Strong Bonds Stand The Test Of Time: The Long Run By The Eagles



One of the reasons why I was glad that the holidays were over was because deep inside I felt a lot of anxiety which later turned to disappointment as the year 2008ended. The fact that we had that shoufest last weekend, only comforts that awful thought. Right now, I see signs that past problems are here again, raising my anxiety levels to a new high. In a middle of all this, I begining to wonder: Are our bonds still strong? When I hear the song "The Long Run" by The Eagles, I hope that it is.

Although I never talked about it, during the last two years I felt something was wrong going around us. I won't give the reasons why but I was hoping and praying that things would eventually be resolved. Hopes of that started to decline certain events transpired that made what I thought was a resolved situation blow over which lasted to the end of the year and if you ask me, it seriously affected the bonds that kept us together over the years. That's the reason I was drunk senseless during Christmas dinner which led to me leaving early and fainting in car.

After the death of my Nanny and my Grandfather, I came to realize just how important family ties are and because of that I feel that everyone in my family is important to me which why anyone who tries TO HURT ANY OF MY FAMILY MEMBERS WILL HAVE TO GO THROUGH ME FIRST!!! The last few years have greatly damaged the bonds that have kept us close and if there was one wish I have for the new year is to see to those bonds restored if not strengthened. That bond was the one thing that I can we were proud of and I want that back again. I just hope that time would fix what has been damaged because it gives me no rest both day and night. Through the years, those bonds have carried us through good times and bad; I just hope they still will in the long run.

No comments: