Sunday, January 18, 2009

When People Aren't What They Appear To Be: Found Out About You By The Gin Blossoms



Last Halloween, I was surfing through the list of scarriest films ever made in the internet and after reading it, I made it a point to go to bed early. One of the films that really scared me was the Japanese horror film "Audition" where a would-be fiancee tortured her suitor. For me, what made the film so scary wasn't just the groutesque way she tormented her victim but also the unmasking of her true personality. It really makes you want to think about the secrets people keep inside of them. When the truth comes out, it can be cruel, just like the song "Found Out About You" by The Gin Blossoms.

Even if you think that you know a person, inside-out, you could be wrong. What makes it so creepy is the fact that once you find out the truth, it leaves you devastated. I guess that's what all the clients of the reality show "Cheaters" feel when host shows them the tape where they're spouses were caught in the act. In other circumstances, people can be two-faced: they'll be your friend infront of you and when you're back is turned, they destroy your reputation. I guess there's always more to it than meets the eye.

I'm not saying that we should stop trusting people, but sometimes we have to be careful. I hate to admit it but that's one lesson that learn from gangs and mob bosses. The worst part about it all is when trust is broken, especially when a strong bod has been developed between people over a period of time. In closing, I remember a scene in the televsion show "Boston Public" when Micheal Rappaport's character decides to break up with his cheating girlfriend and she pleads to him not to. He replied that he doesn't trust her and trust was a big part about what they had which is why I try to be careful who I associate with.



by

No comments: