Monday, January 19, 2009

Probably The Worst Day Of The Week: I Don't Like Mondays By Bob Geldof And The Boomtown Rats



I was feeling so pissed yesterday that I think I may have made a mistake at the chronological order of my entries since yesterday was Monday. It's bad enough that last weekend went up in flames due to a sudden outburst of tantrums that the following day was the first day at work. Waking up to shattered nerves is a never a good way to start the week. Which is why I agree with the title of the song " I Don't Like Mondays" by Bob Geldof And The Boomtown Rats.

I'm not sure if this song is about some nut who goes on a shooting spree on the first day of the week. All I know is that I agree that that Mondays is the worst day of the week where all the work load starts pouring in. Even if you don't like it, you have to face it on the day before, you try to recharge yourself and get enough rest so you can start the day fresh. Unfortunately, there have been frequent developments that occur during the weekend which prevent me from doing just that. I don't mind that but when somebody starts throwing a fit and spreads, it around, it really gets me into killing mode for the simple reason that it ruins my day and affects my mood for the next day.

Being in a bad mood is not the best way to start off a grueling week and I know I'm not alone here. As much as possible I do what I can to make sure everyone is satisfied even if it is at my expense. All I ask is a little down time or a good day without the sudden eruption because I have not the time or the income to do anything else at the moment. Starting the day right is now becoming rare commodity for me. This is especially true during the weekends when I can no longer recharge my batteries to prepare for Mondays.

No comments: