Sunday, September 4, 2011

When You Get It From Both Ends And Feel Groggy About It: Thorn In My Pride


I remember a few years ago when I got literally caught between a rock and a hard place. I won't the details but for some reason, there was time when I felt I was a in a middle of a very stressful situation between two sides. One side wanted me to do something but the other side told me not to do it and when caught between two bigwigs, I knew I was at the losing end of the stick again. I thought I would never get any relief from that awful predicament and when I think about it, I still get the chills. The song "Thorn In My Pride" by The Black Crowes reminds me of that dreadful period where I got from both ends.

What I can tell you is that this is what happens when two sides don't see eye to eye and your caught in the middle. The situation was bad in a sense that I didn't know how to follow which stressed me out physically as well as mentally. It was like tug of war with me as the rope. Thankfully, the situation was resolved, thus ending a really bad stalemate. I won't say how but one side won while the other's gone. I'm just thankful that I'm standing after that.

You know this isn't the first time I got caught in these crazy situations. This is what happens when there's lack of or no communications. The little people or innocent bystanders are the ones who gets and the worse part is that they didn't deserve it. Every time I think about it, I just shake my head and hope I don't go through that again. It really can be a thorn in anyone's pride.

No comments: