Thursday, September 8, 2011

Using Sexy Models To Promote Anything And Everything: Stop Using Sex As Weapon By Pat Benatar


Back then, if you wanted to revealing images, you picked up a dirty magazines. Nowadays, publishers have a way of always inserting a model with curves in every publication. It's not just confined to adult mags but you them in every kind of print. From men's magazines and even gadget magazines, you'd see somebody modeling where you'd least expect it. I guess that's one way of enticing the readers to buy the magazine as well as the products being endorsed there. When I think about these kinds of advertising, the song "Stop Using Sex As A Weapon" by Pat Benatar comes to mind.

I have to admit I'm no angel but I am surprised at the things that come out every magazine these days. I guess the economy is really down in the dumps. They not only show provocative images, but they really push the boundaries as well. I guess companies will do anything to make a sale. Catch the eye and then catch cash in the wallet is the thing these days.

Well, I just hope people don't lose sight about what the message they want to get out there. I mean if I want to read about gadgets, then it's the gadget I want to read about. Most of the time, people just drool over the model and forget about the contents. I guess the publisher wins out on that's score. I just hope that they don't loose sight of what their message because that's what happens with this kind of advertising.

No comments: