Friday, September 9, 2011

This Always Gets Me Motivated To Work Out: Don't Quit By Bobby Caldwell



I first started working out when I was a freshman in high school. This was because I was kinda jealous of one of our classmates who had washboard abs. Apart from martial arts, I also lifted weights and did ab work. It wasn't hard to stay motivated at that time cause the fitness craze was on rise. One song that keeps me motivated to keepon exercising is "Don't Quit" by Bobby Caldwell.

I remember this song was used to promote some fitness instructor namedJake Steinfield who made it big during the body building boom.Anyway, since I realized that I was stocky and flabby, I needed totone myself a bit and get in shape. I had to admit, I got so into toit that if I miss a workout or a practice session at the dojo, I getirritated. Not only do I get into shape but it also helps me mentallyand emotionally because I get to take my aggression through workingout. I find that better than being grumpy which can alienate me fromother people.I still work out to this day.

Though I don't lift as heavily as I useto, I still make it a point to continue working out with just lightweights and some running. Someday I hope to get back to martial artsbecause I miss the sparring and discipline that I received back in theold days. To sum it up, I'll never quit exercising cause it makes mefeel good. If it's fees good, don't quit and you can't have a betterreason than that.

No comments: