Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Life Sure Was A Breeze Back Then: Semi-Charmed Life By Third Eye Blind


Sometimes when I see my nephews always going out early and coming home late. I get a little jealous. It's not that I'm condoning that kind of habit. It's just that it reminds of the good old days when life was a breeze. You wake up on the weekends and go where you want to go to pass the time. Remembering those days when life was cool reminds of Third Eye Blind's song Semi-Charmed Life.

I know it sounds redundant but for reason I was kind of stressed this weekend and I don't so hot today. Bad enough that it's Monday but I longed for the days where I just hung around and ate whatever I liked before heading back home. In between, I get to relax and re-charged so I face the week full of spirits. Apart from the freedom, it was also cheaper back then. This made possible for me gorge myself to my stomach's content. Even though cellphones were still in the hands of a few and the internet was still dial-ups, it was still a blast because I got to go where I wanted to go and did what I wanted to do.

As I've said before, today is a different story. Something always happens to the point that I'm stressed out. There are no outlets save for working out and that's always in danger and I don't get enough down time to recharge anymore. On top of that, prices have skyrocketed and I would be spending five times the amount that I have spent in the past if I were to continue those weekend getaways. Life sure was a breeze back then and boy do I miss it.

No comments: