Friday, September 23, 2011

Shedding Off The Dependency: Don't Shed A Tear For Me By Paul Carrack




One good thing about the old songs is that there were always some tunes that some songs that give you reassurance when things look bleak. Among the songs that I liked back then were those that dealt with being able to move on after being dependent on something or someone. It reminds us that no matter how much it hurts or how difficult the times are going to be, we will survive. No matter how long it takes, there will be a light at the end of the dark tunnel. One song that reminds me of that lesson is Paul Carrack's "Don't Shed A Tear For Me".

I know this song is about a break up but then again, it can be about any kind of separation. There are times that we relied on something or someone for so long. It gets to the point that we are too dependent on them and when they are gone, that's when things get hard. Still that doesn't that it's the end of the world. Letting go is part of life and even if it's painful, we must move on.

I'm saying that it's going to be easy. I'm a bit too attached to some things myself and lately things are getting harder and harder. I don't know how I'm going to handle this but other people were able to make it through the storm, then so can I. I didn't make it this far just to fall apart now. I maybe in for a long night but the sun will rise with or without the things that I once depended on so I know things will be fine in the end.

No comments: