Sunday, September 18, 2011

Some Things That Tick Me Off: Don't Tread On Me By The Damn Yankees


I'm feeling very angry today as in Paul Sr. of American Chopper's mad. I guess it's because of a few touchy issues that irk me once it's brought out for discussion. Or it could be because I'm stressed out only to have more stress poured on me. On top of that, things that I've been working are just getting harder with no results in sight. I guess why I chose the Damn Yankee's song "Don't Tread On Me" for this post.

You know when times are hard and sacrifices are made, sometimes it gets to the point where even the things you treasure are at risk of being taken. When something I treasure is in danger of being taken, it's like lighting my long fuse to a very powerful explosive or when people force me to talk about things that I feel sensitive about, it brings out the ugliness in me. Apart from that, when I feel so tired, my tolerance for nasty surprises are at an all-time low. It's bad enough that I can't do the things that I want to do. So when the few things that give me pleasure are put into question, let alone are at risk of being taken away, I feel like it's a violation of my space.

I'm not blaming anybody but sometimes when these things are brought out, it turns me inside out and it's not good for me and those around me. Usually I'm very considerate but there are certain lines that shouldn't be crossed and if people don't know what those lines are then I guess they don't really know me. I swear if I ever think about getting a tattoo, it would be the the First Navy Jack Flag with the slogan "Don't Tread On Me" or if I get my own place, I would paint a wall-size version of it in my room. My annoyance is subsiding a bit now that I put my feeling to print. To sum it all up, making me give something up or bringing up sensitive issues stirs something in me so don't tread on me.

No comments: