Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Know What It's Like To Be Given Up On: Don't Give Up On Us Baby By David Soul


You know what I hate about feeling angry is that a multitude of bad memories flood my brain. A lot of which often deals about being disappointed or being given up on. Man, whenever those experiences come back to haunt me, it really brings me down. This is because a lot of times, people didn't take the patience to teach me certain things. When it comes to being given up on, David Soul's song "Don't Give Up On Us Baby" comes to mind.

I was always a slow learner when it comes to picking up new things. As a result, I had to look to others to learn what I need to learn. On disappointment, I sure had a lot of them and it's all written here for all to see. Opportunities, people, or whatever they were, just turned to dust or simply fell apart. What hurts was these things were lost to me when I needed them the most.

I guess that's the main reason why I do my best when something is set before me. I know how it feels to expect so much but wind up with nothing in the end. It's something I wouldn't want to do on others. More importantly, I don't give on anybody,especially when they are important to me. I don't give up on myself or others because they're worth it, no matter how crazy life gets.

No comments: