Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Infamous Pool Scene; Moving In Stereo By The Cars



When I was a kid, we drooled over actress Phoebe Cates. Anyone whoever saw her can say that she can give today's young actresses a run for their money. She had that girl-next-door-image that any guy can fall for. It was a big surprise that she did that infamous pool scene from the movie "Fast Times In Ridgemont High". I remember the song used for that scene was the song "Moving In Stereo" by The Cars.

I remember that scene clearly as if it was yesterday. Phoebe Cates and Jennifer Jason Leigh were both relaxing by the pool while Judge Rinehold was fantasying about her. I won't go into details but to say that that scene caught my eye was an understatement. I'm not surprised if every teenage guy who saw that scene was saying "WOW"! I never thought that she would be she did and I'll never forget that scene.

I heard she later married actor Kevin Kline and her last movie was 2001's "Anniversary Party". Despite the scene she did in this movie and the movie "Paradise", she never lost her wholesome image. That alone is an achievement in itself. I guess she's happy with the life that she has now. Well, we'll always remember her for that scene.

No comments: