Monday, September 5, 2011

Another Song To Remind Me To Learn Where I Went Wrong: Cruising For Bruising By Basia

I guess one of the things that I keep blogging about is learning from past mistakes. It may be redundant at times but it also serves as a reminder for me to learn from the past or else I'm doomed to repeat it. Right now I'm desperate for another shot at getting back on track so I want to do things right. Otherwise, I might go down in flames again and that I don't want anymore. One song that reminds me to be careful lest I slip is Basia's "Cruising For A Bruising".

This millenium hasn't very good to me and as much as I don't want to whine and treasure the good times, there's been too much bad than good. I know this is a song about letting go but it is also about second chances and the need to know what went wrong. I don'r want to repeat my mistakes which why I have to tread carefully and learn why things went that way. Just like anyone else, I also want a second chance but until I learn from the past and shake off some habits, I might wind with another bummer.

I guess this is why I feel so tense lately. I'm getting older and everything is out of reach and it's bad enough that problems seemed to outnumber the solutions. Even if learning and understanding takes time which I'm running out of, I need to be patient and learn. Chances will always be there. I have to improve myself. If I don't it's just another cruise for a bruise.

No comments: