Thursday, September 22, 2011

Songs That Remind Me Of My Nanny: For All We Know By The Carpenters




Today is September 22 and that is my late nanny's birthday. For some time now, I make it a point to remember her birthday in my blog posts. It is the least that I can for all the love and care that she gave me and my family. Not a day goes by when I don't think about her. One song that reminds me of her is "For All We Know" by The Carpenters.

This as well as other songs remind of the time she would come back from her province after a long break. She would bring these old record players and some 45 singles with which she would play them on. Whenever she leaves for that break, I really miss her. It's really not the same when she's not around. Whenever she comes back, I always rush in and greet her with open arms because she was the light of our house and the help she gave my mother was invaluable.

Right now, it's been 12 years since she passed away. I still feel sad I was not able to see her before her passing. I can never thank her enough for all that she's done for us. I deeply regret that I was not able to that much for her and I still wish that she was with us not to serve but just to be with us. She's earned that and how I wish that I could have done more for her because there will never be another like her. Happy Birthday Ado, we miss you a lot!

No comments: