Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Comfort Song: South City Midnight Lady By The Doobie Brothers




When the day ends, I'm sure a lot of us are tired as hell. First thing I do when I get home is breathe a deep sigh to expel all the crap that the day bought me. Unfortunately, that isn't enough to ease my thoughts. I guess that's why I turn on the music and listen to the songs that always soothes my soul. One good song that gives me comfort is the song "South City Midnight Lady" by The Doobie Brothers. This is one of those songs that that helps you unwind after a long, hard day. A lot of times, things don't turn out the way we want them. At times like that good song can do the soul wonders and this is one of them. Like of 24K songs, once the music plays, I just loosen up and let my thoughts drift to happier times. If only I had a glass or whiskey and a cigar, that would be super! Even if I say it an infinite number of times, nothing beats a good song from the past. I'd take that than a pill any old time of day. When things go bad and there's no one around, good song does the trick and this is one of them. I don't care if people look at me funny when I get carried away by the tune because they can't be beat. Just as there are comfort foods, there are comfort songs and this is as good as it gets far as good songs go.

No comments: