Monday, September 21, 2009

Favorite Television Soundtrack/Where I AM Right Now WKRP In Cincinnati Theme By Steve Carlisle


One of my favorite comedy shows when I was young was WKRP In Cincinnati. It was all about a struggling radio station and the Djs and staff personnel working there. A lot of times, they find themselves in many funny situations. No matter how much school work I had, I never failed to miss an episode which was always worth it cause I wind up laughing at all the jokes there. The theme song from the series by Steve Carlisle was also one of the reasons why I watched the show. The opening theme of the song alone was a good reason to watch the show. When I first heard it's whole version on the radio, I liked it even more. There were a lot of great characters there but the one that stood was Dr. Johnny Fever who was rock Dj who lost his job because he uttered some vulgar words on air which caused him to move to Cincinnati where he was stuck playing "Elevator Music" . Thankfully, the new program director named Andy Travis changed the station's format and he was back playing rock songs again. Apart from being the funniest character there, another thing that I remember about him was his mug which had all his DJ names on it and he was the reason why I always watched that show. Apart from show, I guess the reason why I liked this song is because restless people can relate to that. People who move around from place to place and job to job and having difficulty settling down. Always trying to make a fresh start as well couping with all the pressures around me. Well moving from job to job and hoping that this will be it is something that I hope I never have to go through again.I have to admit I think a lot about them and as I try to get things together I wish them well.

No comments: