Tuesday, September 22, 2009

To My Nanny (Yaya): One Day In Your Life By Micheal Jackson


Today is my nanny's birthday and she passed away nine years ago at time when things went from bad to worse for me. She was fine woman who raised all five of us and looked after us for so many years. A lot of times she was always there when we needed help or comfort and she did so freely. When I heard that she died suddenly, I was devastated because I wanted to see her again and not goes by that I don't think about all that she did for us. One of the songs that she would to when I was younger was the song "On Day In Your Life" by Micheal Jackson. She use to play this song on those old radio she use bring with her after vacationing in her province and it made an impression on me. When I think about all that she did for me, I wish I could have done more when she was still here. One thing I did for her was to take her out to a movie during her birthday and I remember we had a great time at that. If only things worked differently for me, maybe, just maybe she'd still be here. These days I try my best to look after my parents because since I wasn't able to look after her, I feel looking after them is my way giving back for the care she gave me. I remember having a dream and she was happy and there was a party. Somebody told that means she's in a good place and I do hope that's true. i really miss you and may God keep you up there in heaven.

No comments: