Friday, September 11, 2009

Another Song About Empty Promises Leading To Doubts: Pale Shelter By Tears For Fears




In one of my earlier entries, I recounted an experience where people promised me a lot of things if I worked hard. I did my part but in the end, those promises turned out to be nothing but empty words. It first time I really felt let down by these people after all I have done and went through, I got nothing from the ordeal. Since then, I've been very wary of people making great promises only to leave me in the middle of the road. That feeling of disappointment and doubt reminds me of the song "Pale Shelter" by Tears For Fears.

It was only after going such a painful experience that I started to understand what this song was trying to say. It hurts when people promise you things where you have to break your back to do your part only to find out that it was all a lie. The words Used, Had and swindled start fill your mind and anger starts to boil inside you. I was so mad I woundn't talk to people for a year after that. It took a long for my anger to subside because that promise meant so much to me to use a person and leave in the dust is mean, man, really mean.

These days, I really make sure that things are clear before I go through with it. After what I've been through, it was hard for me to trust people. This time I really check things out to see if it's the real deal. I don't want to be used again. For me, a pale shelter is like a mirage whee look so good but when you reach out for it, it melts away.

No comments: