Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Can't Tell If It's Gonna Rain Or Shine: Just Like The Weather By 10,000 Maniacs




These days, I go to work with my coat and umbrella and although there are times when I don't I need to, I bring it just in case. The reason for this is because the weather has been very unpredictable. One minute, it's all hot and sunny only to see the sky turn grey and then rain starts pouring, leaving you soaking wet in the process. There's no telling what the day would bring once you step outside. The song "Just Like The Weather" by The 10,000 Maniacs sure reminds me of the strange weather we're happening.

Quite frankly, I don't like having to carry anything when I go out of the house. On the other hand, I don't relish the thought of going to and coming back to work soaked from head to toe. The worst part is when your shoes are so wet, bubbles start foam out as you walk. That's the hard part when summer ends and the rainy season begins. You don't know when the heavens start to pour.

So for the rest of this year, I guess I'll be carrying my coat and umbrella to work. Well, I guess I'll just have to cope with this crazy weather for as long as it takes. I'm not a kid anymore and at point of my life, you just have to accept the sad fact that crap like this happens. At least the rain stops once I check out from work. As for the coat and umbrella, Woodrow Call would say in the book "Lonesome Dove": Better have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

No comments: