Sunday, September 13, 2009

When You See The Light: Blinded By The Light By Manfred Mann's Earth Band

 
I remember a scene from the movie "The Blues Brothers" where they went to church and then suddenly a ray of light hits Joliet Jake and then he suddenly knew how to solve the orphanage's financial woes and inspired his brother Elwood to join him and all of a sudden they started dancing as way of celebrating the solution to the problem. Whenever things look bad and the solution suddenly appears out of nowhere, it's like a bright shining light that chases the darkness away. When the light comes shining, it's reason enough to dance for joy as salvation is at hand. Whenever I remember that scene or when the answer has been found, I remember Manfred Mann's Earth band song "Blinded By The Light".

For me, this one of the song that's best suited for that "Eureka" moment when all has been made clear to you. Just when you think the problem seems unsolvable, a little more focuse brings out the answer to the nagging question that keeps bugging you. A lot of times problems like these are the type where there's a lot at stake. It even gets to the point where drives you're very being to brink of despair. When the answer suddenly comes to view, it's a that scene in the movie where the reinforcements swoop in to save the beleaugered fort from marauders.

Right now I'm still grappling with my own nagging problem. Just as I have described in the last paragraph, this thing is really bugging me. I've talked to a lot of people and read a lot of material on the subject. I'm still a little hesitant about what to do but I want to do this on my own because it is my concern and I want to solve it with my own capabilities and skills. I know I'm close to finding the solution and when I do solve it, I'll welcome that blinding light. It's really makes you jump for joy!

No comments: